There are basically 7 food groups which a person needs in order to have a good health. But then the proportions for taking these groups are different and it varies according to your age as well as your sex. For example the amount in which these groups are required for a 9 year old differs from one of an adult.
You need to keep a track on the amount of proportions you consume of these for you as well as your family too. If you write it down then you will be able to get a better idea. There are seven basic components which include proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, vitamins, water and fiber.
Now, let’s talk about the different groups, starting with carbohydrates. You can basically get carbohydrates in the form of sugar, pasta, cakes and so on. These carbs are then stored in your muscles as well as liver in the form of glycogen. This is then converted to something we know as glucose and is used as energy by the body.
The excess of it is stored in the body in the form of fat. One needs around 47 per cent of total carbohydrate consumption as energy.
Then we move onto proteins which are present in meat, fish, eggs, pulses, soybeans and so on. These help to build up new tissues in the body and also to repair the old ones. The proteins are the ones which help your tissues heal at a faster rate, after you have had any sort of injury. This is followed by fats. We all know what fast include, milk, chocolate, cheese and so on. The body fat needs are 30 per cent on a daily basis. Fats will also give you energy but then they release the energy at a slower rate.
Then we have the various vitamins which include liver, carrots, fruits and so on. The vitamins help you with your vision, help to keep your skin and bones in good condition and they also help with blood clotting and the formation of red blood cells. You also have minerals in the food groups. You can get minerals from red meat, vegetables, and fruits and so on. The various minerals have different actions on your body and help your body in different ways.
Then comes fiber which you get from consuming a lot of cereal, seeds, and leaves and so on. You have insoluble fibers which help in movement of wastes and then you also have soluble fiber which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The final food group is water which includes everything which is a fluid. One loses a lot of water the entire day, so you need to keep replenishing your body of water.
Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Bluetooth, Immersion Circulator, 800 Watts, Black
8 used from $ 84.99
- The Anova Precision Cooker brings sous vide to your home, so you can enjoy a cooking technique made famous by professional chefs for its incredible results
- Sous vide cooking produces restaurant quality results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method. Food is cooked evenly edge to edge, with no worry of overcooking.
- Heats and circulates water in the pot, evenly cooking food to a precise temperature to guarantee perfect results every time. Cook everything from meats, fish and vegetables to soups, and desserts.
- Easy to use - just attach the cooker to any pot, add water, drop in your ingredients in a sealed bag or glass jar, then press start. No fancy equipment required
- Simple interface on the device to set the time and temperature manually - or use the Anova Culinary app to find your cook settings and hit 'Start'.
Melissa & Doug Birthday Party Cake - Wooden Play Food With Mix-n-Match Toppings and 7 Candles
- 34 piece set
- Velcro tabs hold pieces together, then "slice" apart.
- Includes 6 ready-to-cut slices of cake, removable candles and toppings, cake plate, and server.
- Stores neatly in a wooden box
- Includes extension activities for play and learning.
Crock-Pot 6 Qt 8-in-1 Multi-Use Express Crock Programmable Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Sauté, and Steamer, Stainless Steel (SCCPPC600-V1)
2 used from $ 49.96
- The Crock-Pot brand, the leader in one-pot cooking, introduces the Express Crock Programmable Multi-Cooker, an all-in-one appliance that lets you Slow Cook, Pressure Cook, Brown and Sauté, or Steam
- Eight one-touch digital meal settings include Meat/Stew, Beans/Chili, Rice/Risotto, Yogurt, Poultry, Dessert, Soup, and Multigrain
- Six-quart non-stick cooking pot resists stuck-on food and is dishwasher safe, simplifying your cleanup
- Designed with an airtight locking lid that stays sealed under pressure for added safety, a delay start timer that offers you the flexibility to start at a later time, and Warm setting to keep your food at the ideal serving temperature
- Accessories include recipe book, steaming rack, and serving spoon