Asparagus raclette or indoor grilling is so much fun to do with a group of your favorite people. Raclette has a long history but it has evolved to a social gathering of friends and family and providing a fun way to eat together.
This vegetable recipe for raclette grilling is just as delicious as traditional raclette, but appeals to those that like more vegetables with their meat.
What you’ll need:
– 2 lbs/1kg small new potatoes (cooked)
– 1 1/2 lbs/800g Swiss Raclette cheese (cut into slices)
– asparagus spears (parboiled or sauteed crisply)
– proscuitto or parma ham
– broccoli, carrots and beans (steamed lightly)
– Gherkins, pickled onions
Prepare your raclette dinner or appetizer just as you would for traditional Swiss raclette. Include aparagus spears wrapped in a selectin of hams. You can also substitute the carrots and beans for the aspargus.
Place the wrapped vegetables in a side dish to be served later. When you are ready, place the wrapped vegetables on a small raclette dish and top with a slice of the Raclette cheese. Place the dish under the grill and cook until cheese is bubbly.
Serve the cooked vegetables with the potatoes and other condiments and baquette slices.
You should count on using about 1/4 lb of Raclette cheese per person and have more vegetables ready than you think you’ll need as this type of Raclette tends to disappear quickly! It’s a fun way to get together, have a meal or appetizer and of course, have a great time.
Severin RG 2683 8 Pan Raclette with Plate and Natural Grill Stone, 1300 W, Black
- Multifunctional combined grill surface. Ideal to grill meat, fish or vegetables.
- Natural grill stone for perfect heat storage. The high grill temperature on the stone immediately seals the meat pores and keeps the meat juicy and tender.
- Non-stick grill plate
- Raclette function with 8 mini pans
- Variable thermostat and pilot light