This article is about healthy diet
A healthy and well balanced diet might seem like a myth for most people in today's world where fast food abound. When one thinks of a health and fitness, especially diet and exercise, they usually think of it as something that's expensive, tedious to prepare, and time consuming.
However, you can still enjoy quick and easy meals that are actually healthy and cost just about the same as the fast food meals that people take out everyday. To start a healthy diet, you can first figure out the basic foods that are considered the healthiest according to expert nutritionists and dieticians.
The following foods are recommended to be incorporated into theailydie t :
- Craving for Some Carbs? Go Whole Grain
- Whole grain pasta has triple times the fiber compared to the semolina ones. Always go for whole grain and nothing else, as these are the healthiest.
- Got Skim Milk?
- Milk is a natural source of D and B vitamins and calcium, some very essential nutrients that our body needs. However, regular milk contains a lot of fat, so you can do better with skim milk.
- Instead of using cream in your cup of coffee, try warm skim milk.
- Munch on some Walnuts
- Instead of grabbing a bag of high sugar candies from the counter, try some walnuts. They're chock full of omega 3 fatty acids are really good for your heart.
- Add some raisins to add a sweet yet healthy flavor to this healthy diet friendly snack.
- Enjoy Oatmeal in the Morning
- Not everyone is especially fond of oatmeal, but the easiest way to eat it would be to make it a little more watery. That way it would be more flavorful and less lumpy. Oatmeal makes you feel fuller, so you're less likely to feel hungry in the middle of the day.
- The ideal type of oatmeal would be the steel cut kind, as it is the best when it comes to preventing heart ailments.
- If you HAVE to have meat …
- You can try salmon – smoked, grilled, or in any way that you would like to prepare it. It's a rich source of omega 3s. Wild salmon is the only option you should take as is not as toxic as the regular kind.
- Instead of Beef – go for MUSHROOMS
- They can give that smoky and meaty flavor that is actually filling. You can search through a wide variety of edible mushrooms and prepare them by experimenting with tons of available recipes.
- Not only are mushrooms about 400cal less than a regular dish of red meat, but it can also help prevent breast cancer.
Aside from a proper diet, you must also incorporate a daily exercise routine into your life. Even something as simple as jumping jump or the plank can really make a difference in your health and fitness scale. Do not give up and always aim high because you'll see that the results are really amazing – you'll be happier, healthier, and brighter. Seriously.
Written by Dan L Johnson
Original Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?Ideas-for-a-Healthy-and-Balanced-Diet&id=6935840