*this video from YouTube has been aggregated from our Healthy Eating aggregator. Hashtag your video using hashtags healthyeatingtips, healthyeating, healthyfoodtips, healthyfood, healthyweighttips, healthyweight, healthydiet, healthydiettips, healthyrecipes to have your Vimeo video automatically featured in this feed.*
- Viewed: 610
- Likes: 7
- Dis-Likes: 0
- Rating: 5.00
Do you have a sweet tooth? Most of the sugar we eat should come from sugars naturally found in nutritious foods like whole fruits. Added sugars in processed foods and drinks are empty calories and can add up fast, increasing the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and some cancers. Christy Brissette, Registered Dietitian and Geremy Capone, Wellness Chef at the ELLICSR Kitchen at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre share tips to help you slash added sugars from your diet while still having food and drinks that taste great!
Tips to Slash Added Sugars from your Diet
– Flavoured Water: Add fresh or frozen fruit, cucumbers or herbs to water.
– Specialty Coffee: Skip the syrup and add flavour with cinnamon, nutmeg, or cocoa powder.
– Frozen Desserts: Blend frozen fruit with milk or your favourite milk alternative.
– Yogurt: Choose plain, unflavoured yogurt, add fruit and flavour with vanilla extract or orange zest.
– Baked Goods: Sweeten with mashed bananas, dates, prunes or apple sauce.
– Breakfast Cereal: Make muesli with oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit, or make hot cereal with oats, quinoa or millet.
Check us out on the third Thursday of every month at 12:15pm EST for our live cooking demo at http://www.ellicsrkitchen.ca
Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/ellicsrkitchen
Pin us at http://pinterest.com/ellicsrkitchen
Also, visit http://www.ellicsr.ca
Disclaimer: These materials are to be used for informational purposes only. They do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your health care provider for advice about your health and medical condition.
This video from UCh98IRmyImr5HbCG5_q94Tg has been included in the Healthy Eating Video social feed for using the hashtags mentioned above. At the time this video was added to this feed it had 7 likes and 610 Views with a rating of 5.00.
Video was posted by UCh98IRmyImr5HbCG5_q94Tg.
This video is not original content nor does it claim to be, the content above has been aggregated by the HealthyEatingTips.org aggregator. The original video by [vid_author_name] called Healthy Eating Tips to Slash Added Sugars from Your Diet can be seen at ELLICSR Kitchen Profile on YouTube.