It would blow your mind if you really knew how many foods are dangerous for dogs.
Sure, we have all heard over and over again not to overfeed your dog. Many otherwise loving pet owners are just unaware of just how many varieties of our “people” food that is perilous, if not deadly to your dog.
For starters, let’s look at garlic and onions. I don’t know about you but these are required ingredients in almost all of my cooking, especially Italian cuisine and they are terrific for our health. However, these veggies can have a devastating effect on your dog’s health. A dog’s constitution can only handle a very small dose of these, ideally it is best if they had none at all.
I don’t know about you, but I grew up with the little “raisin-maid” raisin girl and to this day it is my favorite element to any trail mix I eat. Also, any type of grapes, either red or green, is a regular part of my healthy diet. As these are beneficial and healthy for us and a preferred snack I give to my kids but, they are very bad for our dog’s health.
Did you know that raw pork is also a very dangerous food for your dog. If they ingest any of this raw meat they can quite possibly acquire an incurable diseased digestive condition. If you really need to give them pork, you can over cook it or freeze it for at least 3 weeks to make it safe and no longer a dangerous food for your dog.
It is also imperative that you never feed your dog avocados as the seed, flesh, and skin are all poisonous for dogs.
Macadamia nuts are one of the most dangerous foods for dogs. Also, most other forms of nuts are questionable and a loving pet owner would be responsible to avoid all together.
At the top of the list is Chocolate! Most of us know that this deliciously deadly food is severely toxic to our dogs and should never be given to your friend as it is the most dangerous of all foods for your dog.
Now, this may be the most controversial dangerous food for your dog of all. That food is bones. I know you are saying to yourself that bones are a natural treat for dogs. That bones are what they might eat if they were wild. How can it be possible that bones are toxic to dogs? Let me just say that “raw” bones are great for your dogs health and are actually good for your dog. However, “cooked” bones are out. The problem with cooked bones is that they can easily splinter and cause internal lacerations to their digestive tract, not good! So, stop giving your dogs a cooked bone. If you are grilling that steak, then take the time ahead of time and cut the bone out first prior to cooking. If that is too much to do, then just get a boneless sirloin or N.Y Strip without the bone.
I am hopeful that you may have learned a thing or two in regards to dangerous foods for your dog and that it will prevent any future harm to your loving pet. I did not know these facts until it was too late as I lost my darling “Daisy” the bloodhound just last year from toxic overload of her liver, which was already weakened from when she got into something bad as a pup. May you follow this advice and be blessed with a long and healthy relationship with your dog.
Real Mushrooms Mushroom Starch Test Kit, Test Your Mushroom Supplement for the Presense of Starch, Determine if Your Supplement is Pure Mushroom or Not
- Mushroom starch test kit, test your mushroom supplement for the presence of starch, starch is a common filler used in many mushroom supplements
- Test your mushroom supplement: take 1g of your mushroom supplement and add it to 3 tablespoons of warm water
- Starch in mushroom supplements: this can be hard to believe but many mushroom supplements are not made from mushrooms
BELLA 3.5 Liter (14.5 Cups) Electric Deep Fryer, stainless steel
1 used from $ 21.95
- A 1600 Watt heating element heats oil up quickly and accurately. This family sized fryer works great for anything from fried chicken, nugets, tenders, beer-battered fish to corn dogs, doughnuts, and tasty french fries
- Adjustable tempurature control up to 375 degrees allows you to dial in on the perfect heat depending on what you are cooking. Viewing window lets you check in on the progress of your food
- The odor control filter helps reduce the smell of cooking oil in your home, keeping this nice and fresh
- Safety magnetic plug detaches with any accidental contact to avoid dangerous spills. cool touch handles ensure it's safe and transportable
- Frying basket, handle and lid are dishwasher safe. Additionally, stainless steel finish is easily wipeable to make clean up a breeze